This is a basic Adsense tutorial for beginners. I have added it as a video on Youtube. The full text from the video is below.
So you’re only making a few cents a day from Adsense and you don’t know why?
What are the biggest mistakes?
- Not having a defined niche
Adsense clicks pay out based on keywords relating to your content – if it isn’t clear what keywords relate – you won’t make money.
- The wrong traffic
Visitors from social sites don’t click ads. Visitors from search engines do.
- Not researching your keywords
You must research keywords if you don’t want to leave your search engine traffic up to luck.
- Not having unique content on your sites.
- Poor ad positioning
Get your Adsense ads in front of your readers’ eyes if you want to make money.
What can you do to get more search traffic?
- Pick higher traffic, lower competition keywords in higher paying niches.
Yes…yes, it’s easier said than done…but research!
- Get anchored backlinks to your content .i.e links that have your keywords in the hyperlink.
- Write content optimized for those keywords .i.e. have your keyword in the title.