Tadeusz Szewczyk has written a good article on Blogscoped called 10 steps to success without SEO.
The main points covered are:
- Discover your niche
- Use WordPress
- Create a killer CSS design and submit it to CSS galleries
- Allow trackbacks, use dofollow
- Socialize, write comments and link other blogs
- Include social media on your site, use social media yourself
- Write your own content, say something new, express yourself
- Compile what you know or what others said and publish it
- Contribute to your favorite online publications
- Add new content at least every second day
With each point more detail about specifically how the point helps is discussed. While I agree with all the points, as a blogger with a full time job I have found the last point the most difficult to follow. I often have a spare day or two, and I will write 2-3 posts, read a lot, leave comments etc. But then I am unable to look at my blog for a few days, and I often feel my good work is being let down by my inability to post daily or at least every second day. What are other peoples thoughts of this topic?