I have scanned the Internet for ideas and ways to drive traffic to blogs. This list is what I have come up with so far. As time goes on I will update, edit, add to the entries, as I think of/ find more ideas. I would love others to contact me with or leave a note in the comments with other ideas. You will get a link back for your efforts.
- Submit a design related article to Design Float.
- Submit a developer / programming related article to DZone.
- Submit a blogging related article to Blogging Zoom.
- Use StumbleUpon, and make friends…maybe submit an article or two of your own, but submit great articles whenever you find them.
- Write about Apple products, linux, or flame Geroge Bush and submit your content to Digg.
Give Something away for free
- Create some icons and give them away.
- Create some vector graphics and give them away.
- Take quality photos with an SLR digital camera, and give them away.
- Create a WordPress theme and give it away.
- Create a WordPress plugin or widget and give it away.
- Create a free directory and give link love away for free.
- List your site on Blog Catalog and get involved, leave comments, join communities.
- Submit your blog to directories in your niche. Daily SEO Tips has a new directory.
- Submit your blog to all of the directories on Robin Good’s list of RSS directories.
- submit your site to DMOZ and other directories that allow free submissions.
- Comment on other blogs.
- Links to other blogs.
- Make friends with other bloggers and suggest a blogroll link exchange, but not with too many.
- Guest post for other blogs.
- Give credit to those that inspire your posts.
- Participate in group writing posts.
- Participate in blog carnivals.
- Contact popular blogs in your niche to exchange links.
- Write an amazing article then send it to some blogs in your niche as a guest post proposal.
- Hold a contest with great prizes.
- Leave the first comment, particularly on larger blogs.
- Write posts that people will want to read.
- Break news.
- Share your expertise.
- Tag your posts.
- Create controversy.
- Post pictures of celebrities.
- Create podcasts.
- Wrote a post about how rubbish a current fade is.
- Use images in your posts and add alt descriptions with keywords.
- Write for beginners.
- Highlight your most popular posts.
- Try to ensure that you don’t have too many grammatical or spelling errors. .
- Write top 10 lists.
- Write link bait.
- Write timeless content as often as possible.
- Share with others what has worked for you.
Search Engine Optimisation
- Use keywords in your headings that relate to your main topic, but make sure your headings are attractive to humans too.
- Use a memorable domain name.
- Use keyword research to find good keywords to use in your posts.
- Post in forums that relate to your niche and help people out often, be a nice person, and don’t flame.
- Great a video, host it on Youtube, and watermark your blogs name into the video.
- Join a relevant blog network, I get link juice and visitors from Tech Dispenser.
- Answer a question on yahoo answers that links to a blog post you wrote.
- Put your blog URL in forum profile footers.
- Squidoo lens with a link to your blog .
- Buy it through networks like Adsense.
- Buy a review from another blog.
- Buy text link ads… carefully.
Your Own blog
- Reply to comments.Use a well designed theme.
- Use WordPress.
- Encourage readers to become RSS subscribers.
- Ping blog services like Pingomatic and Pingoat.
- Make sure your content is readable and accessible.
- Don’t overfill key content areas with advertising.
- Don’t use too many plug-ins.
- Simplicity is great
- Participate in a traffic exchange using banners or widgets.
- Openly encourage people to repost your content in a different language, as long as they create a link to your original post.
- Nicole Simon: Work with your analytics to see where you do the best, and enhance.
- Blogging Mix: Request other bloggers review one of your articles.
- Fred – Newest on the Net: Submit a mass appeal article to Mixx
- Xight: Use Trackbacks to attract the attention of other bloggers.
- Dane Morgan: Write a free report and give it away.