Video doorbells are increasingly becoming popular as they eliminate the need for security cameras on front doors. These doorbells not only feature an inbuilt camera but also have a motion detection sensor and a two-way audio. So, with these doorbells, you can see who is on the door and even talk to them while you are busy in the backyard or doing other chores in the house. However, most video doorbells require monthly or annual subscriptions. For most people, this outright annoying and that is why it is advisable to invest in the best video doorbell without subscription.
Our top pick for the best video doorbell without subscription is the Eufy Security, Wi-Fi Video Doorbell, 2K Resolution, No Monthly Fees, Secure Local Storage. This Eufy is a premium quality device that offers premium videos without any subscription. The doorbell is easy to install and delivers ultra-clear videos and audios.
Top 6 Best Video Doorbell Without Subscription
#1, EUFY SECURITY, WI-FI VIDEO DOORBELL, 2K RESOLUTION, NO MONTHLY FEES, SECURE LOCAL STORAGE, HUMAN DETECTION, 2-WAY AUDIO- BEST OVERALL
- A Crystal-Clear 2K Image: High Definition 2560 x 1920 resolution, combined with our advanced HDR and Distortion Correction, ensures video is recorded in 2x the quality.
- No Hidden Costs: Designed to protect your home as well as your wallet, eufy security products are one-time purchases that combine security with convenience.
- Respond in Real-Time: Speak directly to anyone who approaches your front door via two-way audio. Tell your friends to come round the back or that you have just run out to get some milk.
- The Alerts Which Matter: With AI technology and our sophisticated algorithm, the camera intelligently detects body shape and face pattern. Ensuring you are only alerted when a human, and not a stray cat, is at the door.
- Free Electronic Chime Included: Supports 8 fun and holiday-themed ringtones and adjustable volume level. Note: The doorbell requires Existing Doorbell Wires at 16-24 VAC, 30 VA, or above.
Eufy is a brand that is associated with excellent performance, premium quality, and unique durability for all its products. This video doorbell by this brand takes the concept of using video doorbells to a whole new level. This battery-powered model features wireless connectivity for smart notifications on your phone or any smart gadget. The recorded footage in this doorbell is 100% private and hence you need not worry about prying eyes.
Interaction made easy
This Eufy video doorbell without subscription is designed to make interaction effortlessly easy even when you are not at home. You can record and set up a maximum of 3 instant responses. This doorbell system allows you to select any of the recorded responses whenever you are notified of activity on your front door. This, in turn, allows you to interact with your guests and give the best instructions. What is more fascinating about this doorbell system is that you can connect the system to Amazon Axela or Google Voice Assistant. This allows you to check in and see what is happening outside the home at any time.
Another fascinating feature about this doorbell system is that bit allows you to view detailed footage before the initial alert. Consequently, it becomes easy to get a clearer picture of the activity at the front door thereby increasing the likelihood of identifying trespassers or criminal activity. The prior footage runs for 3 seconds.
Smart detection zones
The Activity Zone feature in this doorbell system allows you to personalize the camera to capture and detect motion in specific areas. You can set this feature to capture your home, particularly on the front and backyards so that you only receive notifications that you care about. With this feature, you never have to worry about what is happening in your home whether you are at home or not.
The AI technology in this doorbell combined with a sophisticated algorithm ensures that the camera functions intelligently to detect shape pattern and body shape. As such, you will only receive alerts for human motion only and not stray animal at the door. Additionally, the doorbell function has a two-way audio that allows you to speak directly to someone at the door in real time.
#2, XODO VD1 Smart Home Wireless Security Camera with Night Vision- Waterproof Video Doorbell/WIFI 1080P HD 166 Degrees Wide Angle/ 2-Way Audio- Best angle
- ✅ 1080P HD Camera - The wireless video doorbell maintains a 166 Degree Wide View Angle and is able to detect visitors with its PIR Sensor of up to 25 feet. It monitors your outdoor in 1080p Full HD video with infrared night vision and live view.
- ✅ Two-Way Audio - 2-Way audio function allows you to talk to your visitor who approaches your front door on the go at anywhere and anytime. with noise canceling. The wireless doorbell camera also has a free chime to be set in any room in your house.
- ✅ PIR Motion Detection Alarm - Alert message will be sent to your IOS or Android smart phone when motion is detected or a visitor presses the doorbell. Share use with up to 6 users. Peace in mind of your home and family security.
- ✅ Wire-Free and Weather-Resistant - This WiFi video doorbell built-in 5200mAh (2 x 2600mAh) rechargeable batteries and Wi-Fi connected. The connection of security camera are 100% wireless and cordless. IP53 Waterproof doorbell camera design for any weather.
- ✅ Quick Set-up - Download free XODO Smart App (NO MONTHLY FEE) to support Android and iOS, then connect it to 2.4G WIFI (not 5GHz) via your smart phone. Set up and install home security camera system by yourself without the need for professional installation or tools. Valentine's Day Gift for him.
For home owners who are keen on investing in a smart video doorbell no subscription that will offer them real time updates, alerts, and notifications even when on the move, this XODO VD1 Smart Home Wireless doorbell is the ultimate choice for them. The wide-angle lens coupled with the 1080P full HD camera capture clear and sharp images and videos. The system has a night vision mode that provides ultra-clear images even at night.
Two way audio
The talk back function in this video doorbell no subscription is designed to allow you communicate with guests and visitors at your door when you are on the move. This feature comes in handy for homeowners who are always on the move as it allows them to issue instructions to visitors at any time and even when hundreds of miles away. The two way audio function has a noise cancellation feature that ensures that your audio is clear at all times.
There is a PIR Motion Detection Alarm in the doorbell system that sends alert messages to your Android and IOS smart phones when a visitor presses the doorbell or if motion is detected. The best thing about this feature is that you can share it with up to 6 users thereby guaranteeing your home’s security and giving you peace of mind.
Installing this wireless doorbell system is a simple DIY task that does not require you to hire a professional. You just need basic tools to fix the doorbell on the door. Then, you should download the XODO Smart App (free app and does not charge monthly subscriptions) using your smart phone. The app runs on both Android and IOS operating systems. Connect the app to 2.4G WIFI and not 5GHZ.
This best video doorbell without subscription is wireless and weather resistant. This doorbell system comes with 2 inbuilt 2600mAh batteries. These batteries are rechargeable and are long lasting to provide you with a long running time. The connection of this doorbell system is 100% cordless and wireless. Additionally, the camera in this system is waterproof and designed to withstand all weather effects.
#3, Eufy Security, Wireless Video Doorbell (Battery Powered) with 2K HD, No Monthly Fee, On-Device AI for Human Detection, 2-Way Audio, Simple Self-Installation- Best for simplicity
- 2.5x the Clarity: See every detail of the activity in picture-perfect 2K resolution when live-streaming and recording.
- No Hidden Costs: Designed to protect your home as well as your wallet, eufy Security products are one-time purchases that combine security with convenience.
- Dual Power Options: Gain half a year coverage from one charge or experience a non-stop power supply via a wired connection.
- Expanded Field of View: The increased 4:3 Aspect Ratio ensures you get a full-body view of anyone who approaches.
- Efficient Human Detection: The built-in AI analyzes each event and determines whether or not a human is present. This reduces the number of false alerts you receive as well as preserving power consumption.
Eufy prioritizes on the security and privacy of all its clients. The Eufy Security, Wireless Video Doorbell with 2K HD, On-Device AI for Human Detection doorbell system is engineered to provide you with the best user experience while at the same time enhancing your home security. The system prides itself in 2.5X the clarity so that you can see all details in picture-perfect resolution when recording and live-streaming. The best thing about this doorbell system is that it does not require any monthly or annual subscriptions.
Efficient human detection
The inbuilt AI technology in this video doorbell system analyzes all activities to determine whether it is a human or a stray animal that is at the door. This comes in handy in ensuring that you do receive false alerts and also help in preserving power consumption. This doorbell system is designed to provide you with the best security while ensuring that you do not incur any subscription costs. Ideally, this doorbell combines security with convenience.
This video doorbell no subscription comes with dual power options. In the first option, you can use the rechargeable batteries and get up to six months performance. Alternatively, you use a wired connection for limitless power supply over the years. Whichever option you settle for, you should be assured to get the best performance and reliability.
This doorbell system allows you to determine an Activity Zone to personalize the area within which you want the camera to capture motion. While drawing your Activity Zone, it is necessary that you exclude pedestrian areas and roads as these are busy hence likely to send you force alerts. You can also connect your doorbell system to Amazon Alexa or Google Voice to check in what is happening at your front door.
The military-grade AES-256 storage data encryption ensures that your footage is securely transmitted and stored. There is an expansive field of view in this doorbell that features a 4:3 Aspect Ratio. Consequently, this allows you to get a full view of anybody approaching the door. It goes without saying that the images and videos captured by these are high quality and hence clear.
#4, Remo+ RemoBell S WiFi Video Doorbell Camera with HD Video, Motion Sensor, 2-Way Talk, and Alexa Enabled- Best for HD quality images and videos
- Powered by existing doorbell wiring (16 –24 VAC) and provides 24/7 surveillance of all front door activity
- No monthly subscription fees; records and stores all motion activity for up to 3 days via FREE cloud storage (paid plans available)
- Streams all your live videos in high quality HD with 180º wide angle and infrared vision; dewarping option available for live view
- Allows you to select areas of interest and sends instant alerts on your smart device when motion is detected in your video doorbell’s view
- Lets you see, hear, and talk with visitors from your smartphone or tablet using the Remo+ app (iOS 11 and above, or Android 5 and above)
The other high-end video doorbell no subscription system is the Remo+ RemoBell S WiFi Video Doorbell Camera with HD Video and motion sensor. The camera in this video doorbell system provides 24/7 surveillance and has a large field of view that allows you monitor environmental surroundings around your home. This system automatically stores recorded footage for up to 3 days in the complimentary cloud storage that comes with the system.
Poor quality live recordings and videos are a thing of the past when you are using this Remo+ RemoBell S WiFi Video Doorbell system. This is because the doorbell features a high-definition camera that allows you to stream your live videos in premium quality. What is more unique about the camera in this doorbell is that it has a 180 degrees field of view. As such, you cannot miss anything with this camera. It is worth noting that this doorbell system has one of the best viewing angles presently.
The night vision mode in this doorbell system allows you to monitor the front door at any time of the day or night. The infrared night vision in the camera removes all blurring in images and videos captured at night. The 2 way talk function in this doorbell system allows you to hear and talk to your visitors using a full duplex audio.
There is nothing that gives home owners peace of mind than being able to monitor the safety and security of their homes remotely. With this doorbell system, you will receive motion alerts on your smart phone even when your visitors do not press the doorbell. Additionally, the doorbell system has a customizable motion zones feature that allows you to specify motion sensing areas so that you able to detect and capture relevant activities.
This best video doorbell without subscription boasts of a weather resistant design and construction. As such, you need not worry about the camera getting damaged by extreme weather effects such as low temperatures or moisture. Another intriguing aspect about this camera is that it features a multiple viewer access that allows you to share live data with a maximum of 5 users.
#5, Amcrest 1080P Video Doorbell Camera Pro, Outdoor Smart Home 2.4GHz Wireless WIFI Doorbell Camera, Micro SD Card, PIR Motion Detector, RTSP, IP55 Weatherproof, 2-Way Audio, 140 degrees Wide-Angle Wi-Fi AD110- Best for smart monitoring
- The Amcrest Video Doorbell Camera is powered by using your home's existing doorbell wiring (16V-24V) and is compatible with existing traditional mechanical and electronic digital chimes to provide surveillance of all front door activity in high definition 1920x1080p resolution. This home security camera features an extra-wide 140° viewing angle allowing you to cover every angle. This doorbell is not battery powered.
- Built in microphone and speaker allows for two-way audio and makes it easier to talk to visitors without having to get up and answer the door. Includes two interchangeable faceplates, choose from a black or silver faceplate. The Amcrest Video Doorbell Camera is RTSP stream compatible.
- Our WiFi Doorbell Camera works with 2.4GHz only, and does not support 5Ghz Networks. Built in night vision allows you to see in the dark, up to 16 feet away. The Amcrest Doorbell is compatible with the following brackets, ASIN: B08B8YWLRX (Corner Bracket), ASIN: B08B8Y621Z (Wedge Bracket).
- PIR Motion Sensor lets you receive motion detection alerts via email or push notifications and instantly review recorded footage directly from your smartphone using the Amcrest Smart Home app. Securely store your HD footage to the Amcrest Smart Home Cloud or store directly to a class 10 MicroSD card up to 128GB. (MicroSD Card Not Included, Limited compatibility with Amcrest View Pro, Not compatible with Amcrest Cloud).
- At Amcrest, you’ll receive a full 1-year US Warranty and Lifetime technical support provided directly from Amcrest. You will also receive a 1-Year Free SmartHome Cloud Subscription. The Amcrest SmartHome WiFi Video Doorbell Camera works with the Amcrest SmartHome Deterrent Camera (ASIN: B07WK8FH3X), SmartHome PT Camera (ASIN: B0831TQHMP, B0821Q23GF) & SmartHome Outdoor Camera (ASIN: B0835WQHZY, B083TLW9JL). Compatible with any 16V, 30VA Doorbell Transformer ASIN: B001POBN92.
This Amcrest WiFi Video Doorbell is a classic video doorbell no subscription that allows you to remotely monitor activity at your front door in real time. The super-wide 140 degrees viewing angle allows you to have an expanded field of view. Combined with a two-way audio talkback feature, this doorbell camera doubles as the ideal solution for any home security needs. This doorbell system provides its users with unlimited live streaming. Additionally, it also sends smartphone alerts so that you are always in the know.
The Amcrest Smart Home Cloud app that comes with this doorbell system enables you to view full HD footage recorded by the doorbell camera. The best thing about the Smart Home Cloud is that it offers optional premium plans which in turn allow you to live-stream as well as playback the recorded video footage via the Cloud’s intuitive interface. In addition to this, you also get to receive Push and Email notifications directly to your phone.
The extra-wide viewing angle of 140 degrees of this doorbell camera ensures that there are no blind spots at the front door. As such, you are able to enjoy a clear view of the door so that you can see the full frame of your visitors. There is an inbuilt microphone and speaker that allow for real time talk back with your visitors even when you are not at home. What is more to note is that the system features two interchangeable faceplates (silver and black) that you can use interchangeably.
Smart Motion Alerts
Like in any other high-end video doorbell no subscription, this Amcrest video doorbell system allows you to customize motion detection zones. This, in turn, ensures that you only receive alerts for the areas you want. You also receive notifications anytime that the smart home camera goes offline. Consequently, this ensures that you remain in the know at all times and that you are able to respond to security breaches promptly.
The PIR Motion Sensor in the doorbell system allows you to receive motion detection alerts through push notifications. The sensor ensures that it only captures human traffic and as such, you will not receive alerts for stray animals at your front door. This WIFI doorbell system only works with 2.4GHz networks. It also has an inbuilt night vision that allows users to see in darkness for up to 16 feet.
#6, Wireless Home Security Camera System, Eufy Security, EufyCam E 365-Day Battery Life, 1080p HD, IP65 Weatherproof, Night Vision, Compatible with Amazon Alexa, 2-Cam Kit- Best battery performance
- 365-day Battery Life: The 100% wire-free and IP65 weatherproof-rated camera is designed to run for 365 days (or 3 years in Standby Mode) per charge, indoors and out.
- Full HD Surveillance: 1080p resolution, combined with our exceptional night vision technology, ensures video is recorded with crystal-clear quality both day and night.
- No Monthly Fees: eufyCam E doesn’t require any monthly fees to use, and comes with a 16GB microSD card that stores up to one-year’s worth of recordings. (30s footage, 10 times per day per camera)
- Easy Installation: 3 easy ways to install: 1) Screw onto the Outdoor Mount, 2) Stick onto the Magnetic Mount, 3) Stick on metallic surfaces
- What’s Included: 2x eufyCam E, HomeBase Station (Region A), 2x Magnetic Indoor Mount, 2x Secure Outdoor Mount, 16GB microSD Card (Inserted in HomeBase), Ethernet Cable, Micro USB Charging Cable, AC Power Adapter, Warning Sticker, Owner’s Manual, Happy Card
Designed to help you protect your home in the best way possible while ensuring that you do not spend too much money, this Eufy Security Wireless Home Security Camera System video doorbell system is the ultimate choice for you. This video doorbell no subscription provides a panoramic view of your front door for real time monitoring. This EufyCam video doorbell system does not require any monthly or annual subscriptions.
This EufyCam doorbell system is constructed using cutting-edge and superior quality ASA composite material. This material is resistant to damaging weather effects such as rain, freezing, extreme sunshine, and other climatic conditions. As such, with this doorbell system, you never have to worry about the performance of the system declining due weather. This best video doorbell without subscription is 100% wireless and comes with a 365-days battery life per charge.
If you are looking to enjoy full HD surveillance from your doorbell system, then you should look no further than at this EufyCam system. With a 1080p resolution coupled with an exceptional night vision technology, guarantees that images and videos captured by the camera are crystal clear in quality both during the day and at night.
There is a 140 degrees lens in this doorbell system that provides a unique panoramic view covering the front door all through to the driveway. This lens ensures that it does not miss any spots while recording images. This fluidity guarantees that you are able to get consistent livestreams and recordings. This EufyCam doorbell without subscription comes with a two-way mounting that includes a magnetic indoor mount for quick installations. Additionally, the system also has an outdoor mount for permanent mounting location.
All data captured and recorded by the device is protected by military-grade security. Therefore, you never have to worry about prying eyes. What is more amazing about this system is that it features an anti-theft alarm with a 100-decibel siren sound to deter potential buglers and thieves. Overall, this system is ideal for homes, apartments and other residential structures.
When you are shopping for the best video doorbell without subscription, the single most important aspect to consider is the product itself. There is a wide variety of these systems in the market presently. Therefore, making the right choice is not as easy as you may presume. The best model should have several features and functions that will make it easy to monitor your home even when away. Here are some of the aspects worth considering when shopping for these systems:
Some video doorbell models come with all the necessary and crucial hardware that you need to use in installing the doorbell system. However, most video doorbell models require you to have an existing doorbell; whether digital or electronic doorbell with wiring. As such, before you invest in any product, it is crucial that you consider the ease of installation of the doorbell system.
In present times, the talkback feature in video doorbell systems is more of a necessity than a luxury. This two-way audio system allows you to communicate with visitors pressing the doorbell. This interaction comes in handy when issuing advice, instructions, and any other form of interaction. This feature is expressly useful especially when vision is obscured due to darkness.
Power supply is yet another important consideration when you are in the market for the best video doorbell without subscription. Most of these systems run on electricity, but there are also several models that run on rechargeable batteries. If you are planning on using your doorbell system consistently, it is advisable that you opt for a battery operated video doorbell. Most models that run on rechargeable batteries have a running time of even more than 6 months on a single charge.
Field of view
The most limiting factor when it comes to using a video doorbell is the field of view. If you settle on a model with a small field of view, then the area captured and monitored by the camera will be limited. As such, search for models with an expanded field of view so that you are able to monitor a large area such as from the door to the driveway. When using a camera with a large field of view, you can rely on the doorbell as a reliable security tool for identifying visitors and monitoring motion and movement around the home.
It goes without saying that video doorbells with a high resolution display high quality images and videos. HD video show more details and color compared to poor quality videos. For instance, if a crime has been committed, a video doorbell with a high resolution can be quite useful in identifying suspects. On the other hand, the blurred images and videos in low resolution are usually not clear.
Night vision and storage
Night vision is a feature that is not found in all video doorbell models in the market. Therefore, it is advisable that you settle for video doorbells models that have a night vision feature. These models capture clear and best quality images even in darkness.
Storage is yet another important consideration when you are buying a video doorbell with no subscription. Models with micro SD cards are a better choice than those that come with free cloud storage. This is because the free cloud storage comes with a limit set for a specific length of time.
DO DOORBELL CAMERAS RECORD VIDEOS AND IMAGES THROUGHOUT?
Most video doorbell cameras are designed to record only when triggered by motion. This happens since the camera in the doorbell system detects motions thereby making it record a clip or capture images for a few seconds. However, there are models that are designed to record continuously.
DO VIDEO DOORBELL SYSTEM NEED WIFI?
Doorbell camera systems do not need WiFi to run and function. Wi-Fi connectivity is necessary when you want to have remote access to the doorbell camera. Some models also use mobile hotspots, 3G/4G/5G cellular data.
HOW LONG DOES RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES LAST IN VIDEO DOORBELL SYSTEMS?
On average, the rechargeable batteries in video doorbell systems last for 6-12 months. However, this time may be longer or shorter depending on the model, frequency of use and features in the system of choice. The frequency of charging the batteries depends on the amount of activity that the doorbell receives.
A video doorbell without subscription is one of the best ways of guaranteeing the safety and security of your home without breaking your bank. These digital and modern systems are designed to perform excellently while ensuring that their performance remains consistent. There are tons of models to choose from thereby giving you freedom of choice depending on your needs and preferences.
He graduated from Stanford University in 2008 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Software Development. After completing his work in Mathematical Engineering at the University of the German Armed Forces in Munich, Elliott Dillard returned to his home country USA in 2013 to work on the field of Artificial Intelligence – both in research and in its current implementation in reality. Since 2016, he has been working within Amazon on the subject of Predictive Analytics – Analysis of Time Series. His vision is to use artificial intelligence to realize a new level of automation in many areas of the real world.
After his 10 year career there, Elliott Dillard decided to change her profession and moved to a sunnier place in Los Angeles, where he offered a great position as a Co-Founder in Pingable. He is an accomplished coder and programmer, and he enjoys using my skills to contribute to the exciting technological advances that happen every day at Pingable.